Ragnos

A Ironman Starting TIP

Hello! I am here to help those wishing to start as Ironman learn how to get started as a iron, without further to do here we go!

-you can choose to either do the tutorial or not up to you.-

Gamemodes

The main focus you are gonna want to do is Baron or King as they provide the best benefits since we are to be self efficient cant use most shops and cant loot other player loot, use auction house or pvp kill for gear.

SIR 250X Combat xp 150x Skilling xp

LORD 125x Combat xp and 75x Skilling xp with a 1% drop rate bonus

BARON  50x combat xp 25x Skilling xp with a 2.5% drop rate bonus, a 5% hit rate increase and a extra 250 prayer points

KING 10X combat exp 5x skilling xp a 5% drop rate increase, a 10% hitrate increase a extra 500 prayer points and the beginner set lasts longer

once you have decided on what game mode you would like it will ask you if u want to be a Iron or even a HARCORE IRON Hell yeah we do

So we have are starting gear and now is where you decide whether you want to do skills or combat first, first lets know what there is that can help us in IRONMAN.

As a Ironman there are a few Shops that we are ALLOWED to use in the skilling and home areas

The major one being the ironman shop which is found by teleporting to the skilling zone and running north

This npc sells are basic tools for starting skills

1555649084_Ironmanshop1.png.d83928b68efae35c41544abb896057af.png

and also the cullimancer's gloves (barrow gloves)

568032952_ironman2.png.ae417e4d3ccc7ad73b767e520df72513.png

Another store we are allowed to use in the Skilling zone is the herblore shop which is found south of the skillzone bank and it  sells the secondary ingrediants and vials of water 

SHOP1

herb1.png.ff06423d227253490cc99a687a90d4e1.png

SHOP 2

herb2.png.a488cda76c7b6e06c388b841a5edde34.png

Now for the Misc. shop which is found at home!

this stores sell us a few odds in ends like rune arrows which are great with a Featherfall Bow! and the unidentified glove, necklace, and ring for the best in slots.

705698940_miscshop.png.017c5613a2bb1708a08f8ac4dbb93c47.png

now the next shop you can use as a iron is the magic shop at home for runes! 

runestore.png.aa9e7372883ab7c041b340ecea0d801a.png

Personally I would start with skills that are required for the easy-medium achievements, these reward with CASH, EXO points and ACHIEVEMENTS POINTS and LAMPS! depending on their difficulty as we can get the EXO sword from the EXO store which is 25k EXO points and will be our best in slot melee for a while. 

EXO POINT STORE

317610550_exostore.png.cbb0c8f5983d6761f5128534ff071f76.png

And the ACHIEVEMENT STORE

753339610_achievementstore.png.a79681f70b07a4236aa9c0ca4dc9718e.png

Now if you want to Choose combat first I recommend immediately Grabbing a slayer task as we can get started on leveling up our combat stats for better tasks and also getting some cash built up and also getting our prayer to 43 is VERY IMPORTANT as then we can use the PROTECT FROM MAGIC AND MELEE which is useful for farming

DARK CELESTIALS(Pray magic) 

DC.png.b51ab80112ddb89f0119611530e1c4c6.png

CELESTIAL FOXES(pray melee)

CF.png.5fd29b24b27b73c87413dd23362fe74c.png

for the Featherfall bow which will be our main range for awhile and also the celestial staff and scimitar (if u don't buy the exo sword) @ the celestial cave teleport.

NOW IMPORTANT TIPS I CAME ACROSS WITH MY KNOWLEDGE AND THE HELP OF OTHERS

PRAYER- DO NOT BURY THEM USE THEM ON THE ALTAR AT HOME NORTH RIGHT OUTSIDE THE BANK!

ALTAR.png.5f4424190df9e82bffb9a24d21e3a8ec.png

HERBLORE -PRAYER POTS ARE OUR LIFE! requires 38 herblore and a ranarr weed and snape grass!

the best quantity for herbs I have found is killing the bronze and steel scorpions for all herbs 1-20 NOTED!

Fishing and Cooking- self explanatory fish the best fish and cook that fish to help not dwindle down your prayer pots!

And as you have been Killing monsters around Exora you will notice you have come across parts that look like these these parts are used at 

mm2.png.b6d6140fb6d70d66bcbc50a091862408.png

these Parts are used at the monster table found northeast of the home bank between the slayer camp and the dicezone

MM.png.03f1b8b684b9d6db4ce8eb35045dd0cf.png

these boxes give various items some lack luster then others but also contains some major upgrades for us iron the main ones being the 

Monster hunter shield (can be upgraded to Titanite Shield)

Monster Handaxes (little bit weaker then the Dark Matter Sword)

Ancient amulet (same stats as a fury)

ShadowStone ring (same stats as berserker I)

the amulet and the ring also give a better chance for The monster parts

as for Armour progression i'm not very experienced as I skipped a lot with grinding out the biggest baddies I could do in low tier gear, but here is how I progressed so far in my time playing as a iron

Melee 

starter gear<Rune Armour<Bandos<barrows<Dravonic<????

Now what drops this gear?

Rune armour almost any monster drops rune armour

Bandos is Dropped by general Graador

Barrows/Guthans/Dharoks, is dropped by the boss sunfreet

Dravonic Demons 85 slayer required drop the dravonic @ Dravonic lair

Range

Green dragonhide<Black Dragonhide<Armadyl<ShadowScale<???

Green dragonhide is dropped by the celestials

Black dragonhide is dropped commonly by hellhounds and skeletal wyverns

Mage

Mystic<Ahrims<????

Mystic is droped by various slayer monsters

Ahrims I got randomly from a event that is no longer here ( 😞 )

Now for tips on how to train certain skills that you may be struggling with this is what I did if u find a easier method More Power to you 😄

Fishing and cooking 

Monkfish require 62 fishing and 62 cooking they burn a lot but once u hit the 92-94 you hardly-never burn a inv

Crafting 

what I did was Bowstrings until I was able to cut sapphires and carried a chisel with me everywhere and picked up the higher lvl uncuts as well to stock pile them for when I could craft them. Also

Thieving This skill benefits your crafting to a multitude of xp if you didn't happen to get a gemstone hatchet to chop gemstone trees at lvl 75 you can steal from the gem stall in the thieving area of the skillzone

Recently they added a new Feature THE TITAN FORGE!

TF.png.df94594858a3959b9a3b6ecb371c1932.png

here you can make Upgrades to Certain weapons at a cost and fee

TF2.png.ed3eab007e54266a5135d7f600de6412.png

as you can see this one requires a feather fall bow+10m+10 elemental dust and has a 15% to forge

YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR ITEMS BACK IF YOU FAIL TO FORGE IT IS BEST TO HAVE EXTRAS BEFORE DOING THIS!!!!!

Easiest bosses/npc i have found to kill for titanite shards

Abyssal horror

Exorian Champion

Ebonchill dragons

GEMSTONE HATCHET TREES

OPAL HOME EAST OF SHOPS

SAPPHIRE BLURITE MINES
EMERALD CELSTIAL CAVE WEST OF ENTRANCE
RUBY SUNFREETS LAIR NEAR WHERE U SPAWN
DIAMOND ?????

DRAGONSTONE DARK MATTER CAVES SOUTH

FAQ On Gear

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN GLORY OR FURY

Step 1. obtain a Dragonstone/onyx from various monsters

2.aqurire a amulet mould from the barbarrians in barbarian village (tele to varrock run west)

3. aquire a ball of wool from imps at the K'ril tsutaroth teleport under bosses

4. mine gold ore and make into a bar

5.with the amulet mould in your inventory use the gold bar on furnace

6. use the crafting tele to use the amulet (u) on spinning wheel

7. Now you use the desired Enchant spell (dragonstone/onyx) on the amulet

You have now made a Glory / Fury

AVA ACCUMULTAR @AQUANITES in monster lair

AMULET OF FURY Various chests (BURNING, FROST FIRE, DEEP ROCK)

DRAGON BOOTS GWD (tele to boss and kill spectral mage)

And for Now I hope This somes up most of the questions you may have as IRONMEN! I will Continue to upgrade this guide as more content is released!

Also Feel free to pm me in game if u have other questions this did not answer

Ragnos

Edited by Ragnos
Guide needed updated added how to make glory/fury
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great start Ragnos!! I really appreciate you deciding to make this after you told me you may make one. Im sure if anything it atleast points newer irons in right direction as there is some ways you guys have to do certain skills etc that us normal players have the luxury of not having to do. 

• Like 1

For ironmen struggling to get prayer pots earlier on I would also recommend going to cockatrice! They drop ranarr seeds seemingly about 1/4 kills. Nice guide!

• Like 1