Sign in to follow this  
Subakna

Subakna's Suggestions

Hello again. I'm really enjoying this server (kudos to the admin staff) and would like to add suggest some items to help the server. I have a decent list here that I’ve thought of and going to post as a patch notes stylish format. So here we go!

+Skills

-Skilling Pets for Each Skill

(I know some skilling pets are already in the game but I’m going to include all of them here anyways)

-All Combat Skills = Squire, provides 10% xp increase in each combat skill as well as slight increase to accuracy

-Prayer = Monk, provides 10% xp increase as well as auto bury bones at altar xp rate

-Runecrafting = Rift Guardian, provides 10% xp increase to crafting runes as well as 1 extra rune when crafting for law, death, and blood runes

-Sailing = Pirate, provides 10% xp increase to sailing (with another bonus, sailing has been down so don’t know what this bonus could be)

-Agility = Giant Squirrel, provides 10% xp increase as well as 25% increase upon a lap completion

-Herblore = Druid, provides 10% xp increase as well as potions no longer require second ingredient

-Thieving = Rocky, provides 10% xp increase as well as 100% success rate when steal from hero

-Crafting = Chompy, provides 10% xp increase as well as d’hide bodies only require 1 hide to craft

-Fletching = Feather, provides 10% xp increase as well as bowstring no longer require to string bows

-Slayer = Crawling Hand, provides 10% xp increase as well as increased monster parts drop rate

-Hunter = Baby Chinchompa, provides 10% xp increase as well as traps are auto collected when creature is captured

-Mining/Smithing = Rock Golem, provides 10% xp increase as well as 1 extra ore when mining and coal requirements are cut in half when making bars

-Fishing = Heron, provides 10% xp increase as well as 1 extra fish each catch

-Cooking = Chef, provides 10% xp increase as well as cooks two things at once

-Firemaking = Phoenix, provides 10% xp increase as well as burns 2 logs at once

-Woodcutting = Beaver, provides 10% xp increase as well as cops 2 logs at once

-Farming = Tangleroot, provides 10% xp increase as well as provides twice the amount of harvests

-White Dragon, provides 30% xp increase as well as all bonus benefits from skilling pets

-Change Herblore shop items to noted form

+Completion Capes

-Max cape should have stats equal to the attack, magic, and ranged wings. When combined with the infernal cape gives moderate boost to stats

-Achievement cape slightly better than max cape stats. Also gives 1% increased drop rate, double vote rewards, double clue scroll rewards

-Completion cape should have better stats than achievement cape and acts as Ava’s accumulator. Also gives 2.5% increased drop rate, double vote rewards, and double clue scroll rewards

-Trimmed completion cape should be the best or second-best stat cape in the game. Also, should give increased drop rate equal to max collector, double vote rewards, and double clue scroll rewards

+Account Game Mode Upgrades

-Acts as a large money sink. Keep your stats but upgrade to the next game mode

-From Sir to Lord = 10B

-From Lord to Baron = 20B

-From Baron to King = 50B

+Achievements

-Killstreak II needs to be removed or changed to a different task

-Player Killer III needs to be drastically lowered, removed, or changed to a different task

-Wilderness Enemies needs to be drastically lowered, removed, or changed to a different task

-Giant Orc needs to be lowered to 1-3 kills, removed, or changed to a different task

-Wilderness Enemies II needs to be removed or changed to a different task

-Skilling pets affect achievement progress

+General

-Exo sword resale for a moderate amount of exo points

-Remove useless loot from loot box, task scroll, and challenge scroll rewards

-Fix event timers

-Add server announcements to direct players to guides on forums

-Examining pets should provide descriptive information of pet’s benefits

-Chance of exo point rewards from chests or 100% reward with small amount

-Working agility shortcuts (Falador and Fremennik Dungeon)

-Staff assignments

-Forum specific moderator

-Help chat specific moderator

-Skilling pets should be tradable

-Show possible loot from chests

+Wilderness

-Nerf Giant Orc health to ~25k

-Add burning, frost fire, and deep rock keys to drop table

Edited by Subakna
  • Like 5

+skills

I disagree with the huge XP boost from skilling pets, should be way less (thinking about 1 to 3 %)

I agree with herblore secondaries to be noted, it's a pain in the ass to buy them when you have 1000 of potions ready for herblore.

+Completion cape

All OSRS max cape versions should be added, I surely agree with that.
The hidden effects like ava should surely be added to max, comp and comp (t) cape!

+Game mode upgrade

I disagree with the upgrades from sir to lord etc, it's a money sink but it just means that when you have loads of cash you can actually play the game on the easiest mode, max it out and then gain other boosts that weren't ment for people on Sir mode.

Why would people even grind for it, you may ask?

+Achievements

I disagree with the achievement suggestions, they're pretty easy if you just grind it out. Wilderness is a little bit buggy at the moment but will surely be fixed in the near future. Also skilling pets shouldn't boost your achievement progress, it's ment to be a grind and shouldn't be made easier.

+General
I agree with most of the stuff, besides the useless stuff from chest rewards. Some items are pretty good for (hardcore) Iron man grinders in the community, which people on a normal game mode may not like as a reward.

+Wilderness
Agreed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Moon said:

+skills

I disagree with the huge XP boost from skilling pets, should be way less (thinking about 1 to 3 %)

I agree with herblore secondaries to be noted, it's a pain in the ass to buy them when you have 1000 of potions ready for herblore.

+Completion cape

All OSRS max cape versions should be added, I surely agree with that.
The hidden effects like ava should surely be added to max, comp and comp (t) cape!

+Game mode upgrade

I disagree with the upgrades from sir to lord etc, it's a money sink but it just means that when you have loads of cash you can actually play the game on the easiest mode, max it out and then gain other boosts that weren't ment for people on Sir mode.

+Achievements

I disagree with the achievement suggestions, they're pretty easy if you just grind it out. Wilderness is a little bit buggy at the moment but will surely be fixed in the near future. Also skilling pets shouldn't boost your achievement progress, it's ment to be a grind and shouldn't be made easier.

+General
I agree with most of the stuff, besides the useless stuff from chest rewards. Some items are pretty good for (hardcore) Iron man grinders in the community, which people on a normal game mode may not like as a reward.

+Wilderness
Agreed.

With the chest rewards thing he is talking about getting 1 bolt rack or like 15 tunas and stuff like that.

20 hours ago, Vatmos said:

For once there's nothing in a suggestion that i can disagree with 😛

Haha, thanks for the support Vatmos.

18 hours ago, Moon said:

+skills

+Game mode upgrade

+Achievements

+General

Skilling pets are very rare drops and should be a big benefit to those who receive them or buy them (if they become tradable as I suggested). The ones that are already in game provide the 10% xp increase, I only came up with the idea for the other skills to have pets as well.

The game mode upgrade was something I thought I would suggest and see what others had as feedback. The prices I had listed is just an example and should probably be higher, but I for one would like to be able to eventually upgrade my account to have the benefits of the higher tiers. I had a couple people metion that this would mess up the highscores for people who like to compete in them. To negate this, and asterisk could be added to those who have upgraded or color code the initial difficulty tier an account started in.

For the achievements, I highly believe the ones I had listed need something to be done to them. I now have 96 hours played into this server and out of all the wilderness tasks I've completed, I've only seen 2 people in the wild.

As for the pets affecting progress, I'm going to use the same statement I said earlier about the pets. They should provide some good benefits to those lucky enough to receive them as drops. They already somewhat help out and I'll use the cut and burn 2500 magic logs as an example. My beaver pet allows me to chop 2 logs at once which in the end when I burn 2500 logs the chopping progress only recognizes I've cut 1250 because of the beaver.

And for the useless chest rewards, I talking about the 5 seeds, a few fish, and I was lucky enough to receive 1 bolt rack from a chest. These types of things are the ones I think should be removed.

Edited by Subakna