Sign in to follow this  
kingcord

Drop rate

Hello, i've been checking forums, and writing people in game about calculations on actual drop rate of items with added bonus of your drop rate.

problem is that i dont like to kill monsters being oblivious about the actual drop rate of item. for example balrog it has 0.4% to drop amulet of eternal fire and i have 11% DR bonus in theory with my calculations drop rate is 1/60, but the problem is people go 2k kills dry on item that is 1/60? math doesnt add up here for sure. i would like to know how to actually calculate drop rates of items. Thank you.

im not really sure how drop rate works but believe if you have 0.4% drop rate out of,  lets say 5000 kills even if you hit the rare drop table  20 times out of 5000 kills. you still have to do a roll on the drop table and hit the specific items you want 

like lets take barrows in rs you have a 1/12 to get a barrows items but you get 1 specific barrows item like  Dharok axe it is 1/516 or something like that

but it is all about your rng. some get pet at 1 kc

1597713387_ketabanner.png.31427b7030063780b2178d569c638eac.png

the problem is i dont know what kind of odds im up against, i dont want to sit there and wait for a drop 1/5000.. honestly its sad that i cant even know what im going for. all i know that even 0.5% drop people in the past told me just pray for it. but it doesnt cut it you know.

and the thing is that when you hit kc for the item you have a 60% chance to have it by then. so in my opinion at least i will know that i just wasnt lucky. by the way if u just tell me that its just rng so then it means that drop rate bonus does jacksh*t and everything is just pure rng without actual rates

Edited by kingcord
  • Like 1

i know the feeling. but try reading this

maybe it will give you what you need 

ofc more drop rate increase you chance of a drop,

1597713387_ketabanner.png.31427b7030063780b2178d569c638eac.png

Read that, i calculated that way and as i said at balrog amulet drop should be 1/60 when you do everything how that man is suggesting. So it doesn't add up at all. People go 2k kills without amulet drop when it's 1/60 drop? It must work differently