Bliss

Talent System

Recommended Posts

I think a talent system would be a unique idea and would allow players to tailor their gameplay style more to themselves. Also, this type of system would increase replayability significantly. I will leave the rest of implementation open to the dev team but I added a sample system in the attached photo.

~This sample was put together in minutes without any real consideration to balance between passives or gameplay and should be used as inspiration only.

This would be somewhat similar to relics in league play obviously, relics have been a positive addition on live and this only justifies its use in a server like yours.

Thanks for your time.

 

Talentss.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that Idea, buut those talents are way way to OP 

they got a prestige system on server that gives you extra damage and that 

 also the server already got a xp bouns like x times normal xp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, KetaKriger said:

I like that Idea, buut those talents are way way to OP 

they got a prestige system on server that gives you extra damage and that 

 also the server already got a xp bouns like x times normal xp

Keep in mind you only would get to pick one of these per row for example. They need to be strong so the decision to select one of the other will impact gameplay differently from a player to player basis. As i said these are not setup necessarily correct, ideally the decision you need to make in each row will be quite a hard choice so a "Meta" build does not develop.

So in row 1 you would choose between drop rate, XP or a ::bank option. depending on your account goals this may be different. This choice is what will make gameplay become different from character to character.

Thanks for feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bliss said:

Keep in mind you only would get to pick one of these per row for example. They need to be strong so the decision to select one of the other will impact gameplay differently from a player to player basis. As i said these are not setup necessarily correct, ideally the decision you need to make in each row will be quite a hard choice so a "Meta" build does not develop.

So in row 1 you would choose between drop rate, XP or a ::bank option. depending on your account goals this may be different. This choice is what will make gameplay become different from character to character.

Thanks for feedback.

I support the idea with some rework 

keep in mind you get x16 xp and some even higher i like the idea but wont see it ruin the game because of op

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, we sort of have implemented this idea already, though slightly different. But we are planning on adding in more benefits to it.
It is called "Adventurers Log" you would have to complete certain tasks in the book, by completing them you receive permanent player bound rewards such as; increased drop rate, increased drop rate in wilderness, increased experience gain and more.

 

Though there are only 3 books now, with 4-5 tasks. We are planning on adding a new books every update.

We do however need some more suggestions regarding the player bound rewards. We are open to them, as long as they are not too over the top.

 

Here's how it looks:

vXE7cc9.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bennie said:

Nice, we sort of have implemented this idea already, though slightly different. But we are planning on adding in more benefits to it.
It is called "Adventurers Log" you would have to complete certain tasks in the book, by completing them you receive permanent player bound rewards such as; increased drop rate, increased drop rate in wilderness, increased experience gain and more.

 

Though there are only 3 books now, with 4-5 tasks. We are planning on adding a new books every update.

We do however need some more suggestions regarding the player bound rewards. We are open to them, as long as they are not too over the top.

 

Here's how it looks:

vXE7cc9.gif

I do like the extra tasks and it does somewhat go with my suggestion, the biggest drawback here is the player progress remains linear. every player will eventually be able to unlock them all. This takes away from players ability to mold the character around their playstyle. But, If you're dead set on this system i will for sure have many ideas to help transition it from an overlooked feature to "must-have" character goals. Once i am able to play that is =D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna lie, I absolutely love this idea. For some reason, it seems to fit well with an RSPS source outside of the overdone OSRS sources. For anyone arguing it would be too op, an easy fix to that would be to tweak the percentages instead of completely chucking the concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand this idea of shaping your account but the issue is that RS has never been a type of game where your account was molded into 1 specific way. You can be a mage, warrior, or ranger at any time you want and there isn't a talent system (much like WoW) to enforce that. I could see a system like this being used for possibly skilling and maybe some other misc things but I don't think I'd make it to hone in on 1 type of gameplay. This Idea can be saved for a future date but I don't think it would be before release.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love talents, but they must be implemented correctly.

 

Ofc this is just my opinion, I don't really like them if they are buffing accounts. Prayers already buff the accounts.

but on the other hand, in the future.. I would love to see some new content which includes different weapons with their own talents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.